Job Title: BAU Engineer – IT & Digital
Division: Digital & IT Division
Reports to: James Garlick
Direct Reports: N/A
Main Interfaces: Internal Users / Suppliers / Clients / IT Systems
A position has become available working as part of a busy IT & Digital department, this opportunity comes as an exciting time within Axis and the IT & Digital Department, as the business is going through a digital transformation, and you will be involved in key business wide projects.
The right candidate will offer a mixture of broad technical knowledge, strong problem-solving skills, a strong customer service background and be comfortable liaising with key users and suppliers to assure service delivery.
Support is currently provided primarily over the phone to over nearly 1,000 users, although face-to-face support and desk visits are common, this is a customer-focused role providing second-line/third-line support to a wide variety of users, from standard users and mobile operatives up to Director level.
Key Tasks / Activities / Responsibilities
• Act as the technical point of contact for the first-line Service Desk, dealing with issues logged by users either over the phone or using a self-service portal
• Primarily providing second-line/third-line support to users, but acting as an overflow agent for first-line calls
• Attempting first-time fix over the phone or in person, or resolving logged issues within SLA
• Focus on technical tickets logged on the Service Desk, but covering a wide variety of other areas
• Installing or maintaining software and hardware
• Diagnosing software and hardware faults
• Performing proactive & routine server maintenance, including reboots
• Project work, including design, testing and implementation of new solutions and technologies
• Identifying improvements to streamline and improve current processes and solutions.
- Microsoft Office 365
- Working knowledge of Windows 2003 and above, including Active Directory
- Good working knowledge of Windows 7 and Windows 10
- Citrix (XenApp / XenDesktop)
- Microsoft Lync / Skype for Business
- Networking Fundamentals
- ITIL Foundation (desirable)
- Experience working with Microsoft Dynamics (desirable)
Whilst not essential, knowledge of the following tool kits would be beneficial:
- Customer service
- Ability to work under your own initiative, or as part as a team
- Problem solving and analytical
- Change & project management