We are currently seeking a Commercial Director to join our team. This role focuses on ensuring commercial and contractual controls are kept within the business to ensure we secure our full commercial entitlement.
- Contribute to business unit Projects strategic plan by identifying key issues.
- Lead on commercial and contractual matters including identifying risks, formulating strategies and undertaking negotiations.
- Provide dynamic leadership and support to commercial staff.
- Ensure effective team working between the commercial teams, other departments and business units by effective communication.
- Treat client relationships as our most valuable assets and forge strong relationships.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key members of the supply chain.
- Maximise the business cash position observing Group guidelines on sub-contract payments and partnering principles and ensuring timely valuations and receipts of money from clients.
- Provide in real time, accurate and realistic commercial reports and projections.
- To achieve the budgeted year end profit for the business unit.
- Ensure full compliance with our management systems.
- Increase Divisional margin “ year on year “
- Increase margin management within the divisions “ year on year “
- Review whole financial model and processes and procedures within first year.
- Review approach to tendering and estimating within first year.
- Experience as a commercial Director responsible for a turn over of over 100 million.
- Proven experience within the construction industry.
- Experience of managing a multi-disciplinary senior commercial team with a clear understanding of commercial systems and processes.
- Experience in leading a dispersed team and multi-site operation.
- Evidence of introducing cultural improvements through harnessing employee commitment.
- Relevant professional qualifications.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Proven experience at a high level of term partnering and sector associated contracts
- Will need to be an expert of contract law with proven experience.