To manage the electrical, electricians and apprentices under your control so that all requirements of the electrical department are achieved and maintained in line with company policies and rules of enrolment with the NICEIC.
- Provide technically sound knowledge, support and guidance to colleagues and clients.
- To provide advice, support and guidance relating to electrical installations during day to day activities and out of hours service.
- Liaising, and relationship building with your teams, clients and consultants on an on going daily basis.
- Liaising with the NICEIC to ensure Axis complies with all their respective rules for continued enrolment.
- Maintain the NICEIC registration, including overseeing the annual NICEIC assessment.
- To carry out duties as a NICEIC qualified supervisor, validate, compile and sign off NICEIC certification.
- Manage the process of reviewing, evaluating, signing off and distributing all electrical certification & documentation that is produced by the operatives & managing the record keeping of these files accordingly including ticket review.
- Attend client sites to survey/monitor/evaluate works as appropriate to ensure compliance with all relevant regulations & legislation (IET Wiring regulations, H&S).
- Responsibility for development and delivery on a variety of contracts on time and within budgets in order to maximize profit potential.
- Supervise and manage labour allocation and resources with regards productivity, first time fix and performance
- Working alongside colleagues in the departments where planned works are conducted and assist in managing the resources
- Undertaking a hands on approach where required to assist the field operatives labour requirements
- Oversee the training of the electricians to improve the quality of test and inspection.
- Mentoring and managing apprentices.
- Identify compliance issues that require follow up or investigation to ensure the rectification of such issues is completed to a satisfactory standard in a timely manner.
- Liaise with customers and work colleagues as necessary, both through formal and informal meetings.
- To discuss and promote other potential services with clients and consultants that Axis can provide which would maximise opportunities
- You can show ability to manage and deal with multi-tasking and heavy workloads, so prioritising is of importance
- You are willing to be flexible to meet the business requirements where required.
- You will be willing to travel to client sites when required throughout the UK. There may be occasional overnights required. Appropriate travelling expenses will be provided/reimbursed
- Procurement of sub-contractors at the best possible rates
- Knowledge of National Housing Federation Schedule of Rates
- Increase the output and commercial return of the operatives without compromising quality or safety
- Learn about any new systems that allows effective & efficient process to be implemented for all electrical works.
- Respond to client requests for additional works and information
- Obtain site instructions for quotes including any supporting documents from site to support our later financial submissions
Health & Safety
- Ensure that works on site are always carried out with safety in mind
- Promote a positive health and safety culture
- Maintain a zero tolerance approach to health and safety non-conformities
- Preparation of RAMS, risk assessment and method statement
- Participate in team briefings
- Deliver health and safety Tool Box Talks
- Actively seek to minimise any health and safety risks on and off site
- Inform senior management of any compliance and safety concerns without delay
- Preferably have as a minimum two years experience of working as an NICIEC qualifying supervisor.
- A proven background in a similar role, ideally domestic electrical installations, test & inspecting.
- Hold appropriate qualifications to undertake the role such as:
- C&G 17th Edition IET Regulations BS7671
- C&G (2394 & 2395) or 2391 Testing and Inspection
- C&G 2360 Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, NVQ Level 3 or equivalent
- CSCS card
- IT Literate
- Should have good written and verbal communications
- Organised and responsive with the ability to deliver under pressure
- Able to influence people through clear, concise communication skills in both verbal and written format
- Must be able to drive and have a good knowledge of the local area
- Ability to effectively manage time, and have a positive attitude
- Good time keeping and attendance
- Ability to work under pressure
- Fault find
- Work testing
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- Work on your own Customer Service focused
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Willing to go the extra mile to deal with a difficult situation
- Electrical supervision
- Repairs and Maintenance
- Electrical installations
- Electrical problem solving
- Electrical maintenance
- Social Housing
- Client facing
- Office environment
Other Key Information
- Excellent work ethic
- Treating others with respect
- Clean driving license
- Clean DBS
- You must own an Android or IOS mobile phone which you will use as part of your job (BYOD)