We’re looking for an experienced Electrician to join our team in Kingston. Within this role you will install, service and maintain electrical systems and appliances in domestic and commercial properties to a high quality standard.
- Reading and taking information from the job outline tickets.
- Carry out repairs to domestic dwellings.
- Be available for the out of hours call out service.
- Communicate between tenants, office staff and the client.
- Undertake routine maintenance and servicing to electrical systems and appliances to required standards.
- Trace, locate and rectify faults and ensure systems and appliances are left in a safe and serviceable condition.
- Report all faulty appliances / installations that do not comply with current regulations.
- Replace electrical sockets and fittings.
- Replace consumer units.
- Rewire domestic properties both occupied and void.
- Install smoke alarms, fans, shower units, shower circuits.
- Working as an integral team member as well as a mentor and coach to apprentices and improvers.
- Ensuring that Health and Safety standards are met.
- Ensuring a first time fix on as many occasions as possible.
- Accepting jobs in any area required by your line manager, Contract Manager or Divisional Manager.
- Assisting with Health and Safety inspections.
- Carrying out the necessary Health and Safety risk assessments when on site.
- Adhering in all aspects of work according to the regulatory standards.
- Supports the identification of ways to reduce cost.
- Must be prepared to comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Must be prepared to work at heights using ladders, scaffolding and work in confined spaces and in a variety of work conditions that may prevail at that time.
- Must be prepared to undertake any additional training associated with the specific requirements of the trade, as well as training in Equal Opportunities.
- Follow and support policies, procedures, initiatives and work instructions related to sustainability improvement and environmental compliance
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Repairs and Maintenance experience
- Health and Safety training such as Site Safety, Manual Handling
- Qualified C&G, NVQ Level 3
- 17 Edition and full qualification to support (Desirable)
- 2391 Test and Report (Desirable)
- Excellent work ethic
Other Key Information:
- A full clean driving license
- A DBS
So if you enjoy providing a dedicated and professional service to your customers, an expert approach to sustainability, health and safety, and adding value to your community, then we would love to hear from you.
Here at Axis, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our clients, and our community.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and value diversity above all else, we do not discriminate on any basis, so come join us.