Job Title: Gas Supervisor
Division: Repairs and Maintenance
Reports to: (Senior) Supervisor, Contracts Manager, Divisional Manager, Clients
Direct Reports: Contracts Manager
Main Interfaces: Client teams, Administration teams, Residents, Management
Responsible for the effective and efficient delivery of gas service, repair and maintenance in a way that is financially viable whilst ensuring that we maintain quality work, carried out safely, completed on schedule and in accordance with our Client’s changing needs with minimum inconvenience to residents.
Key Tasks / Activities / Responsibilities
- To supervise all aspects of the gas service, maintenance and repair contract(s) within your remit
- Ensure effective and efficient management of gas engineers through regular review and monitoring of performance. Initiate timely corrective action as necessary via disciplinary & grievance procedure
- Plan, programme and coordinate efforts of Operatives and Subcontractors such that works progress as agreed, to programme and in accordance with the contract provisions, with the least amount of disruption and inconvenience to the residents
- Supervise team of engineers undertaking repairs and maintenance and ensure quality of diagnosis and fitting parts through robust inspection of completed repairs
- Supervise team of engineers to ensure that all job sheets are submitted for every task, on time and accurate and to agreed formats
- Provide guidance, support and assistance to engineers when required, highlight any training needs and ensure necessary training is put in place
- Ensuring resources use and update required IT devices, apps or similar to sustain digital service delivery
- Supervise engineers to ensure that all business procedures and protocols are followed
- Ensuring profit and performance targets are achieved
- Comply with company’s health and safety policies at all times
- Carry out annual performance appraisal with the gas engineers
- To be an emergency contact for lone workers
- To support the development and implementation of any changes to supply chain or management and procurement strategies.
- Regularly engage with Gas Safe to ensure that any changes in legislative guidance are contained within technical bulletins are relayed to all engineers
- Ensure timely dissemination of information both from the office and from the engineers, ensuring where required relevant acknowledgement is received and recorded
- Maintain database of QC inspections that highlights any concerns regarding engineers performance
- Prepare snagging lists promptly and ensure are issued to all parties and ensure that corrective actions are completed
- Completion of appropriate paperwork such as Method Statements and Risk Assessments, delivering tool box talks.
- Carry out quarterly van stock checks to ensure efficient working and to allow completion of head office returns
- Supervise that all resource carrying out works on site have been inducted; ensure that every operative is appropriately qualified to carry out the operations they propose to engage
- Liaise with gas manager and other administration staff to ensure the correct allocation of engineers works is being achieved
- To arrange and deliver tool box talks in accordance with company objectives
- Ensure that all Variation sheets or chargeable documentation are appropriately completed
- Undertake inspections of works in progress, monitoring quality, safety and environment and promote a safety culture within the team at all opportunity
- To be the first point of call for engineer sickness and to inform management and HR through agreed format and undertake a return to work interview upon their return
- To monitor holidays and update management and HR through agreed formats
- Manage the customer experience including liaising with a team of Supervisors, Administrators and Resident Liaison Officers to ensure contractual expectations are met.
- Manage the customer experience including proactive and reactive handling of comments and complaints, attending site and undertaking investigations in a timely manner to enable early resolutions
- Work in partnership with clients to exceed operational and business expectations.
- Attend and participate in client progress meetings as and when required and provide relevant information. Use these meetings as opportunity to promote good working relationships with all stakeholders
- Liaising and developing relationships with the client’s representatives and resident groups
- Liaise timely with managers to aide supervision of recruitment, retention, training and development of employees
- Follow and support policies, procedures, initiatives and work instructions related to
sustainability improvement and environmental compliance
- Inspection and correlation of all records and incoming documents to ensure accuracy and that all statutory and legislative requirements are met
- Undertake service, repair and maintenance tasks as required by contract need
- Ensure accuracy of reports
- To wear Personal protective equipment which is supplied and be responsible for yourself and others
- Be responsible for ensuring the work place is tidy and safe at all times including all Axis
- Attend regular weekly/bi-weekly meetings with your line manager
- Work at heights using ladders, scaffolding and work in confined spaces and in a variety of work conditions that may prevail at that time
- Working as an integral team member as well as a mentor
- Driving from site to site as part of the daily duties
- Carry out van inspections on a monthly basis
- Encompass Company change, including any training where necessary with positive attitude
- Ensure that best value is obtained in all work undertaken and value for money is being achieved
- Comply with safe working practices ensuring the safety of workforce and public is maintained at all times.
- Undertake other duties as directed and required by management
- Responsible for washing your vehicle, keeping it clean on the exterior and interior. For taking vehicle to garage as required and with minimum impact to delivery and to ensure it is road worthy at all times.
- Gas Service, Repairs and Maintenance (including installs)
- Health and Safety
- Site Safety
- Manual Handling
- Asbestos awareness
- Good local geographic knowledge
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, professional working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate and persuade stakeholders; Being able to weigh up and articulate risk and benefit of numerous scenarios and propose effective solutions.
- Prioritise work load to achieve deadlines and effectively manage time with a positive attitude
Good time keeping and attendance
- Concern for accuracy and paying careful attention to detail
- Planning and organising; strategic use of time and resources to ensure works are completed as efficiently as possible
- IT literate
- Ability to work under pressure and retain attention to detail
Work within a team
- Negotiation with clients, customers, suppliers and sub contractors.
- Supervisor/Managerial experience of gas engineers.
- Continued personal development within gas industry.
Other Key Information
- To agree with company values on all levels
- Full clean driving license
- Clean DBS
- You must own an Android or IOS mobile phone which you will use as part of your job (BYOD)
- All staff has a personal responsibility and accountability to Axis to ensure that their day to day activities adhere to the Sustainability Policy Statement and Plan and minimise the impact upon the environment.
- It is the responsibility of all staff to ensure that their day to day activities embrace sustainability and reduce the impact upon the environment by minimise waste and maximise recycling; saving energy; minimise water usage and report any electrical faults, water leakage or other environmental concerns to the facilities or line manager.