We’re looking for a proactive and efficient Labourer to operate across Kingston. Within this role you will carry out general labouring duties in order to assist Axis personnel and the various trades as required. Initially, this position will be for 3 months and it will be an active role based in various locations within the contract.
- To achieve and demonstrate a high level of customer care
- Types of trades you can be assisting with as a Labourer include roofing, plumbing, carpentry, painting, groundwork’s, bricklaying, basic electrical assistance, plastering, scaffolding and others.
- To report to and liaise with the Supervisor to ensure efficient service delivery
- To act responsibly and be diligent in carrying out those duties
- To comply with Health and Safety legislation
- To wear Personal protective equipment which is supplied and be responsible for yourself and others
- Loading and unloading of material which can involve manual handling of heavy objects
- Adapting to a variety of tasks which could include cleaning all types of properties like voids/ day to day repairs
- Assist tradesman with any job that requires more than 1
- To ensure before a job starts the area is clean and safe for work to be carried
- Comfortable working with heights
- Adaptable with changes
- To be comfortable working in different types of weather
- Core operating hours 8am to 5pm (Mon-Fri)
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Repairs & Maintenance (Desirable)
- Working previously as a Labourer
- Working on various different types of properties
- Basic construction
- Health and Safety
- Manual Handling
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
Other Key Information:
- A full clean driving license
- A DBS
So if you enjoy providing a dedicated and professional service to your customers, an expert approach to sustainability, health and safety, and adding value to your community, then we would love to hear from you.
Here at Axis, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our clients, and our community.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and value diversity above all else, we do not discriminate on any basis, so come join us.