We’re winning more contracts, we’re delivering better outcomes, and we’re growing as a business. This means we’ve got more work.
We have an exciting new opportunity for an Operations Manager with experience within repairs and maintenance industry. You will manage the centralised supervisory team and ensure the effective and efficient delivery of operations in a way that is financially viable, whilst also ensuring as a business we comply with health and safety.
What will you do?
- Hold regular one-to-one meetings with Supervisors to ensure they are kept informed and engaged with the business
- Conduct annual appraisals with Supervisors
- Day-to-day management of the supervisors of the region
- To work in partnership with contracts to exceed operational and business expectations
- To ensure profit and key performance indicator targets are achieved
- Manage resources to ensure efficiency and contractual obligations are maintained
- Monitor progress of the region to ensure the completed works are correct and to the agreed specification standard
- Monitor quality, safety and environment and promote a safety culture within the business unit
- Responsibility for recruitment retention, training and development of employees within team
- Maintain and develop reports on progress and performance of contract
- Monitor management systems and ensure that they are maintained, and targets are achieved
- Promote and embrace the company values to all parties
- Prepare and chair/deliver to contracts and operational team meetings and presentations
- Ascertain that all subcontractors and operatives carrying out works on site have been inducted; ensure that every operative is appropriately qualified to carry out the operations they propose to engage.
- Review and approval of Supervisor expense claims
- Review and management of Hire equipment, van stock and ad-hoc material purchases
- Ensure Supervisors comply with Fleet policies
Knowledge and Experience
- Contracts management within repairs and maintenance (Essential)
- Understanding of all principles within operational management of responsive repairs
- The ability to adapt to busy workload
- Prioritise a changing schedule
- Strong management skills and the ability to motivate a team at all levels
- Experience within a result driven business
- Ability to be innovative and creative to resolve complex issues
- Health and Safety
We’ll give you what you need to continue your development, a welcoming team to work with and learn with, and a busy and ever-changing workplace where you can excel.
Here at Axis, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our clients and out community.