To act as the operational manager (compliance) for the department, particularly in relation to matters of property management concerning health & safety. To lead on matters of building and property management in relation to planned and preventative maintenance of risk through compliance. To support the work of the wider department in delivery of all works and the company values and initiatives. You will work closely with our partnering clients and supply chain members, along with primary consultants. You will be responsible for the delivery of all Asset Management risk services whilst having due regard to relevant legislative requirements, codes of practice and best practice. To coordinate local service delivery to ensure a high quality planned management service is delivered for those aspects of property risk management disciplines and to be an effective member of the AXIS team.
Key Tasks / Activities/ Responsibilities
- Manage and deliver, in conjunction with partnering clients, supply chain members and assigned staff the planned maintenance services in connection with property management of risk compliance across multiple property portfolios.
- To ensure delivery of compliance services through adequate resourcing and monitoring of supply chain partners and assigned staffing roles to contracted key performance indicators and service level agreements.
- To ensure compliance for our client groups with all current legislation relating to the Regulatory Reform Fire Safety Order 2005 and all associated fire safety guidance, managing the associated actions arising from Fire Risk Assessments via consultants across multiple portfolio’s
- To work with stock managers, stakeholders and fire safety professionals to report on outcomes of any associated actions arising from Fire Risk Assessments and to monitor and report on conclusions to partnering and CORE group meetings.
- To manage periodic inspection and testing within client portfolio’s to achieve compliance not only with regulations but with all processes applicable. Ensuring timely invoicing and document submission by effective management of all stake holders and supply chain partners.
- To manage remedial works and upgrades within commercial and domestic properties within client portfolio’s to achieve compliance with all regulations and health and safety.
- Work with leasehold and managing agent teams to allow effective S20 consultation, and resident management approval where applicable and provide support to service charge teams on service charge enquiries.
- To work alongside client insurance managers in monitoring and managing lifting equipment (LOLER Regulations 1998), insurance inspections and resolution of actions reported.
- Achieve excellent standards of customer care in line with client adopted practices and ensure effective involvement in all aspects of service delivery through the strategic supply chain.
- Support the departmental Manager in the development of annual budgets and to oversee expenditure and sales target in relation to budgets, particularly those linked to risk compliance activities to ensure value for money.
- Deliver top quartile performance for Key Performance Indicators in relation to all aspects of property management planned maintenance compliance risk services.
- Develop positive working relationship with internal colleagues and external stakeholders to ensure the delivery of performance objectives.
- Participate in and attendance at Group forums, initiatives and business related meetings as may be required including attendance at evening meetings when directed.
- Undertake any duties that may be required to meet the requirements of the service.
- This job description accurately reflects the requirements of the job at the time of writing but may be subject to change from time to time to meet the changing needs of the company.
- Relevant professional qualification or degree
Proven track record of senior management experience with a principle contractor or social housing provider.
- Experience of operating as part of a senior management team as an operational lead but with involvement in strategic plans in its wider context.
- Understanding of the current and future legislative challenges of property management compliance risk management.
- Experience of setting and managing project work and budgets.
- Ability to think strategically and make clear decisions.
- Ability to Communicate at a range of levels
- Ability & experience of using databases for the purpose of property management along with good IT skills generally
- NEBOSH National Diploma (Desirable)
- Externally accredited management qualification. (Desirable)
- Knowledge of Section 20 requirements. (Desirable)
- Experience of managing contracts, service providers and consultants. (Desirable)
- Experience of producing and presenting reports to Committee or similar governing bodies. (Desirable)
- Extensive experience of building and maintenance services within a customer-focused environment.
- Knowledge of building works, property maintenance and improvement works.
- Knowledge of the principles of partnering, best value, value for money and the ability to operate these in practice.
- Experience of project management
- A sound knowledge of Health and Safety requirements and legislation.
- Self-motivated, performance driven with initiative to assess complex situations and make decisions quickly and effectively and deliver excellent customer service.
- Ability to work outside of normal working hours on occasion to attend meetings.
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to take ownership and resolve problems expediently
- Professional, friendly, honest and open approach with the ability to work effectively and in partnership with others both internally and externally.
- Ability to organise and prioritise work and deliver results to tight deadlines.
- A commitment to working in a collaborative way as part of a team.
- Knowledge of ISO procedures (Desirable)
- Ability to understand statistical information and produce reports. (Desirable)
- High level of written and oral communication skills appropriate to a number of different audiences including residents, staff and external stakeholders. (Desirable)
- Ability to present complex information and material in an easy to understand way (Desirable)
- Ability to promote and present the association positively at all levels and to a range of stakeholders (Desirable)
- Previous experience within Repairs & Maintenance
Other Key Information
- Primary office location would be Stratford but there would be a requirement to visit sites across all portfolios including client offices.
- Full driving license (preferred)
- Clean DBS
- All staff have a personal responsibility and accountability to Axis to ensure that their day to day activities adhere to the Sustainability Policy Statement and Plan and minimise the impact upon the environment.
- It is the responsibility of all staff to ensure that their day to day activities embrace sustainability and reduce the impact upon the environment by minimise waste and maximise recycling; saving energy; minimise water usage and report any electrical faults, water leakage or other environmental concerns to the facilities or line manager.