Ensure the smooth running of the Purchase Ledger team and offer suggestions of how processes can continually be improved
1. Purchase Invoices & recharges
- Setting up all Supplier accounts on the accounting software, upon approval from the Contract Manager. Keeping up to date files of all new accounts set up.
- To ensure all original purchase invoices are distributed to the appropriate member of staff for approval.
- Before posting purchase invoices ensure that nominal coding is correct and ensure all purchase invoices relating to employees and subcontractors are correctly coded for deduction if required
- Report on volume of purchase invoices entered on a monthly basis, split by accounts payable areas to ensure each purchase ledger clerk has similar workloads.
- Ensure Query spreadsheets are kept up to date and sent to respective contract managers on a regular basis
- Produce aged creditor’s listings at the end of each month and take appropriate action, investigating and taking appropriate action on unusual items (e.g. debit balances, items more than 60 days old)
- Review supplier statement recs on a weekly basis prior to payment.
- Reporting on and investigate all outstanding Purchase orders. Liaising with the PO supervisor and distributing on a monthly basis
- Review and report all invoices received without a purchase order
- Provide an accrual based on invoices not processed at month end, Liaising with General ledger manager
- Issue Re-opened Job report on monthly basis
- Perform one electronic payment run each week for suppliers ensuring all statements have been reconciled for all accounts due
- Perform a weekly payment run for any payments outside the standard payment process (Intranet requests)
- Ensure all cheques are entered on the accounting software.
3. Ad Hoc
- Ensure Holiday records are kept up to date for all staff and all holiday/sickness is recorded on the accounts calendar
- Hold fortnightly meetings with Staff
- Reduce Aged Creditors to a manageable level
- Devise and ensure regular Query lists are sent to departmental managers on a weekly basis
- Reduce Unposted items on both UE and Sage 200
- Ensure input is up to date and invoices over 60 days are no longer outstanding.
- Design and Review a system for recording all invoices received without a Purchase order
- Full/Part Qualified AAT/ACCA/CIMA
- Good interpersonal skills
- Process driven
- Attention to detail
- Minimum 2 Years of Supervising an Accounts Payable team
- Good interpersonal skills
- Sound knowledge of Excel using V lookups and Pivot tables (Desirable)
- Previous working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics and involvement in System implementation (Desirable)
Any Other Information:
- All staff has a personal responsibility and accountability to Axis to ensure that their day to day activities adhere to the Sustainability Policy Statement and Plan and minimise the impact upon the environment.
- It is the responsibility of all staff to ensure that their day to day activities embrace sustainability and reduce the impact upon the environment by minimise waste and maximise recycling; saving energy; minimise water usage and report any electrical faults, water leakage or other environmental concerns to the facilities or line manager.