We’re looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join our team in Oldbury. Within this role, you will be responsible for pricing of variations, interim valuations and valuing sub-contractors’ accounts.
- Plan, manage and monitor Commercial activities to meet the Project objectives. Ensure that these activities are carried out in a way that reflects ‘best practice’.
- To ensure project profit objectives and targets are met and cash and margin are managed to maximise performance, all in a manner consistent with the Group processes.
- Review and submit all Applications For Payment.
- Cleanse all incorrect SOR data.
- Review all Void Specifications and advise on correct SOR Code usage.
- Review and finalise all jobs completed and ready for invoicing.
- Review and approval of all contra charges and cost transfers.
- Monitoring of material spend and plant hire.
- Extract the best value for money from Subcontractors and Suppliers.
- Working with delivery team to review variations submitted by Subcontractors to Axis for further works ensuring where necessary variations are approved by the client.
- Monitor the administration systems to ensure all chargeable works are identified.
- Maximize the potential of the Schedule of Rate codes across all work streams to ensure that Subcontractors are paid the correct amounts and the client is billed accurately.
- Identify process improvement opportunities in all areas of the Repairs and Maintenance business.
- Strict adherence and implementation of the Group Health, Safety and Environmental procedures, HR policies and procedures and any other statutory regulations.
- Ensure all clients’ expectations are achieved.
- Embrace Axis values and ethos and demonstrate these daily.
- Follow and support policies, procedures, initiatives and work instructions related to sustainability improvement and environmental compliance.
- Review of completed work orders.
- Submission of quotations or estimates to Client.
- Support with the development of a wider commercial function.
Knowledge and Experience
- Previous Quantity Surveying experience
- Social housing background preferable
- NHF Schedule Of Rate Codes
- IT Literate
- JCT, NEC and NHF contract terms
- Price Per Property contract models
- A good commercial and business acumen
So if you enjoy providing a dedicated and professional service to your customers, an expert approach to sustainability, health and safety, and adding value to your community, then we would love to hear from you.
Here at Axis, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our clients, and our community.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and value diversity above all else, we do not discriminate on any basis, so come join us.