To assist the Commercial Team in supporting Contract Management with all commercial aspects of Reactive Maintenance Contracts.
The role will involve working with the Commercial Team to ensure that Axis maximise their revenue and expected profitability.
Key Tasks / Activities / Responsibilities
- Develop a clear understanding of Commercial Controls on Contracts
- Gain an understanding of the Schedule of Rate codes and how these are applied to work orders.
- Assist in reviewing variations submitted by Subcontractors to Axis for further works ensuring where necessary variations are approved by the client
- Assist in the submission of Applications For Payment
- Gain an understanding of the application of contra charges and cost transfers as well as assist in ensuring they are applied where appropriate
- Work with the Commercial Team and Contract Management in the monitoring of material spend and plant hire
- Reviewing and analysing of information
- Assist in the procurement of subcontractors
- General Administration
- Input of Data
- Strict adherence and implementation of the Group Health, Safety and Environmental procedures, HR policies and procedures and any other statutory regulations
- Embrace Axis values and ethos and demonstrate these daily
- GCSE A-C in Maths & English
- Good communication
- Positive attitude to work
- Attention to detail
- Keen to learn
- Basic understanding of the Construction Industry and the role of the Quantity Surveyor
Any Other Information:
- Driving Licence by end of apprenticeship
- Treating others with respect
- Clean DBS
- Right to work and live in the UK
- Excellent work ethic
- All staff have a personal responsibility and accountability to Axis to ensure that their day to day activities adhere to the Sustainability Policy Statement and Plan and minimise the impact upon the environment.
- It is the responsibility of all staff to ensure that their day to day activities embrace sustainability and reduce the impact upon the environment by minimise waste and maximise recycling; saving energy; minimise water usage and report any electrical faults, water leakage or other environmental concerns to the facilities or line manager.