We’re looking for proactive and efficient Wet Workers to operate across Essex and areas in East London to fulfil works within the contracts. Within this role you will undertake general heating / cold and hot water system servicing, repairs and installation work within occupied properties. Alongside maintaining a high standard of work that sustains performance, quality and customer satisfaction within a ‘Right First Time’ culture.
- Install, maintain and repair pipes, fixtures and controls associated with hot and cold-water distribution and sanitation within domestic and non-domestic properties across all contracts. This will include working in any geographical area/location, as required.
- Work types include, but not limited to:
- Isolating and capping radiators/valves when found to be leaking.
- Replace / install radiators and ancillary pipework, when required.
- Replace / install 2 & 3 port control valves and wiring the controls accordingly.
- Replace / install immersion heaters and wiring accordingly to local electrical fused spur.
- Replace / install cylinders, thermal stores, tanks and ancillary equipment.
- Replace / install sanitation fixtures, pipework and controls.
- Repairs to hot and cold-water systems including, sinks and taps.
- Upgrading of hot and cold systems, pipework, controls and ancillary equipment.
- Provide assistance, when required, to other departments of the Gas Division.
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions, industry best practice, codes of practice and legislation.
- Ensure all work is carried out with minimum disruption and inconvenience to client and resident.
- Ensure your PDA is always working to ensure the accurate and efficient delivery of your workload and data transfer via BYOD.
- Apply correct diagnostic skills to all work and if parts are required, that correct parts are ordered and fitted.
- Complete monthly van stock inspection with your Gas Supervisor to ensure van stock availability and replenish where necessary, recording allocation using the IT Solution.
- Wet Workers are required to provide their own hand tools to complete work type, including, but not limited to; battery drill, tools for working on pipework including blow torch.
- Wet Workers are provided the following equipment from Axis Europe; Hop Up, Steps, Ladders (where required), Core Drills (Installers only), and We Vac, which shall be returned upon leaving the company.
- Complete LMS on-line training as continuous improvement
- Core operating hours 8am to 8pm (Mon-Fri) and 8am to 2pm (Sat).
- Shift patterns 8am to 2pm and 1.45pm to 8pm (Mon-Fri) and 8am to 2pm (Sat).
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Demonstrate recent experience in the installation, maintenance and repairs of pipes, fixtures and controls associated with hot and cold-water distribution and sanitation within domestic and non-domestic properties.
- Experience of working in domestic and non-domestic properties.
- Experience of diagnosing and fault finding to carry out efficient repairs.
- Health and Safety Training i.e. Site Safety, Manual Handling, Asbestos Awareness
- CDM Regulations.
- Appropriate Qualifications associated with work types including Building Regulation approved G3 Hot Water Unvented Certificate.
Other Key Information:
- A full clean driving license; this position is primarily a mobile role, with travel being a significant part of the job.
- A DBS
So if you enjoy providing a dedicated and professional service to your customers, an expert approach to sustainability, health and safety, and adding value to your community, then we would love to hear from you.
Here at Axis, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our clients, and our community.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and value diversity above all else, we do not discriminate on any basis, so come join us.