Axis achieved Investors in People Gold Accreditation.
Investors in People assesses and honours organisations which improve performance and realise objectives through the management and development of their people.
“Axis always has been and always will be about our people, our values and our approach to the communities we work in. That is what differentiates us from the other companies in our sector,” said CEO and Chairman John Hayes.
Only 17% of organisations assessed achieve gold.
As former holders of a Silver accreditation the following were noted as improvements and positives at Axis.
- ‘Grow our own’ – development through internal promotions, apprenticeships, Talent Pool and multiskilling staff
- Real listening culture around change and transformation
- Many positive relationships between line managers and staff. staff feel genuinely cared for and supported. 78% of staff are calling a ‘great place to work’.
- good people management in most teams. Managers seem to genuinely care about their people. Good opportunities for conversations through 121s and toolbox talks.
- Improvements made to communication through a wider range of media
- Great consistency around the use of people processes with nearly all staff having regular one-to-ones and reporting effective line management.
- The award winning approach to Community Investment continues to set Axis apart from other employees.