As a values driven business and, in accordance with our values, Axis Europe PLC recognises the importance of environmental protection and is committed to operating its business both sustainably and responsibly in compliance with all legal, industry and client-specific environmental requirements. It is the Organisation’s declared policy to operate with and to maintain good relations with all regulatory bodies.
Axis has the following aims to improve environmental performance in all of our operations:
• Be carbon responsible, monitor measure and reduce our carbon footprint
• Monitor, measure and use resources such as fuel, water, and energy as efficiently as possible
• Control, prevent and monitor the noise, dust and light pollution and release of pollutants to water, air or land
• Raise awareness of sustainability issues and knowledge amongst its stakeholders and actively encourage their participation in helping to deliver this policy and adopting sustainable practices
• Reduce the amount of waste we produce and send to landfill and implement measures
to increase reuse and recycling of waste materials
• Support biodiversity in the built environment and consider sustainability measures in the concept and design phase of new projects
To help us deliver these commitments, we will measure our performance, and set targets and objectives, with defined outcomes for success, which are reviewed annually in accordance with our Environmental Management System (EMS) audit procedures, to ensure that Axis is constantly improving in the areas that we have the greatest environmental impact. We will communicate our objectives to stakeholders and report regularly on our progress against them.
Axis Value number seven is “to protect our environment, protect our future” and so we are committed to this being core to our business, at every level. We will seek to achieve sustainable practices within our operations and continual improvement in the EMS to enhance our environmental performance together with our business partners, suppliers and contractors to improve their performance when working on our behalf.
Axis remains committed to fulfil the organisation’s compliance obligations. This Policy is reviewed annually or when changes to our Organisation dictate.
John Hayes CEO